iStockist + Postman
Here are the 5 steps to set up your iStockist API test environment. We use a third-party API development tool called Postman for the iStockist documentation. This enables you to get up and running with our API in minutes.
What is Postman? Postman is a popular (and free) tool for working with APIs. It’s used by nearly 4 million developers, and there’s a Postman app for Windows, Mac and Linux. With Postman, you can set up a local environment for the iStockist API, and begin testing in few steps.
1. Install Postman
Install postman from the Postman website.
2. Download the iStockist API requests
- At top navigation menu of the iStockist API documentation, click Run in Postman button.
- A pop-up window will open. Click on the option to open the postman app for your operating system (Postman for Mac, Postman for Windows etc).
- The iStockist Collection of API requests will then be saved to your local Postman app.
3. Get your iStockist API keys
- Login to your iStockist account.
- Click Account > Select Integrations > iStockist.
- Change the’Active’ switch to ON > click Save.
- You’ll see your customer key and customer secret.
4. Add your iStockist API keys to Postman
- Login to your Postman account.
- Click Settings icon > select Manage environments.
Click Add to add a local environment for iStockist.
- Give the environment a name, for example ‘My iStockist API keys’ > Then Add:
Key Value customer_key [Add the iStockist customer_key as the value] customer_secret [Add the iStockist customer_secret as the value]
- Click Add to save your local environment variables.
5. Select the environment you just created
- From the top right of the postman app, there’s a dropdown menu with your saved environments. Select the environment you just created from the dropdown menu.
- You’ll now be able to interact with your data in iStockist directly from the api.