Privacy and security are of utmost importance to iStockist and we strive to ensure that our technical and organisational measures in place respect your data protection rights.
- Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account. In subscribing to our services or filling in a contact form on our website (istockist.com) or other sites owned by iStockist, you agree and accept that we may gather, process, store and/or use the personal data submitted in accordance with the rules set forth below. You also agree and accept that we may contact you by email or SMS in relation to your subscription. By giving your consent to us, you retain the right to have your personal data rectified, to be forgotten and/or to be erased.
- Personal Data Collected
- Identity and contact details of the data processor: Personal data is collected on our website by ProductFitter Limited (t/a iStockist), a company registered under the laws of Ireland under number 442129 with the Companies Registration Office, and having its registered office at 33-34 Castle Street, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
- Data collected on the site: When you subscribe to our services, the following data is collected and managed: email, first name, last name, country, intracommunity VAT number where applicable, login & password, postal address, telephone number, IP address(es) and domain name.
- By using our services, the following data is also collected and managed: log-in and browsing data where you authorise it, order history, information on subscriptions and support ticket messages. Some data is collected automatically by reason of your activity on the site (see paragraph on cookies below).
- The data you submit should not include any sensitive personal data, such as Government identifiers (i.e. social security, driving licence, or taxpayer identification numbers), complete credit card or complete personal bank card numbers, medical records or particulars connected with applications for care or treatment associated with private individuals.
- In addition, and in the context of using our services, namely managing product catalogs and accepting online orders, iStockist has access to the information contained in the product catalogs, as well as the customer emails who order from you via our services.
- This data is stored on secure servers and only a limited number of people are authorised to access your customer lists, in particular for the purpose of providing support services.
- You are easily able to recover your customer lists from your iStockist account at any time, by clicking on the “export” button. You may also modify and or delete contacts at any time from your account.
- In no case does iStockist sell, share or rent out your contacts to third parties, nor does it use them for any purpose other than those set forth in this policy. We will use the information from your contacts only for legal requirements, to invoice and collect summaries for our own statistics and for the purposes of providing you with customer support services.
- As creator of the contacts and associated emails, you are considered the data controller within the meaning of the GDPR, and iStockist is acting only as a data processor. In this capacity, you are responsible in particular for: making all the declarations necessary to the relative data protection authority, complying with all current regulations in force, including the data protection laws, obtaining the explicit consent of the persons concerned when collecting their personal data, ensuring your authority to use the personal data collected in accordance with the defined end purposes and refraining from any unauthorised use.
- If a recipient of your emails sent via our services requests us to modify or delete his/her personal data, we will honor that request after proper verification and will inform you of it.
- Purposes of processing and legal basis
- We use the personal data submitted to us only in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. For our clients who have signed up on our website, we processes your personal data for the performance of the contract between us to provide our services. For our newsletter, use case studies and marketing material sign ups, we process your personal data based on the express consent you provide for this specific purpose.
- Newsletter and marketing emails
- An unsubscribe link should be included in every newsletter and marketing email sent by you through our platform. For those that have expressly opted in to receive our iStockist newsletter, you are easily able to unsubscribe by following the “unsubscribe” links included in every email or by contacting us directly.
- iStockist publishes a list of Customers & Testimonials on its site with information on our customers’ names. iStockist undertakes to obtain the authorisation of every customer before publishing any testimonial on its website. If you wish to be removed from this list at any time, you can send us an email to privacy[at]iStockist.com and we will delete this information promptly.
- Third party disclosures
- Personal data relating to you collected on our website are destined for iStockist’s own use and may be forwarded to iStockist’s subcontracting companies so that we may obtain assistance and support in the context of carrying out our services. iStockist ensures that it has in place clear data protection requirements for all of its third party providers. iStockist does not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes whatsoever.
- In addition, iStockist does not disclose your personal data to third parties, except if:
(1) you (or your account administrator acting on your behalf) requests or authorises disclosure thereof;
(2) the disclosure is required to process transactions or supply services which you have requested (i.e. to check you are employing best practice in your use of the service or for the purposes of processing an acquisition card with credit-card issuing companies);
(3) iStockist is compelled to do so by a government authority or a regulatory body, in the case of a court order, a summons to appear in court or any other similar requisition from a government or the judiciary, or to establish or defend a legal application; or,
(4) the third party is a subcontractor or sub-processor of iStockist in the carrying out of services (for example: iStockist uses the services of an Internet provider or a telecommunications company).
- Your data protection rights
- In accordance with the Data Protection Laws of Ireland, and the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a right of access, correction and removal of your personal data which you may exercise by opening a support ticket by emailing support[at]istockist.com or contacting the DPO at privacy[at]istockist.com Your requests will be processed within 30 days. We may require that your request be accompanied by a photocopy of proof of identity or authority. You are also able at any time to modify personal data by logging into your account and clicking on “Settings Cog” (top right)> “Details”.
- You can choose to accept or modify the settings of the cookies, but your ability to browse certain pages of the site may be reduced if modified. The cookies used by iStockist are intended to enable or facilitate communication, to enable the services requested by users to be supplied, to recognise users when they re-visit the site, to secure payments which users may make, to register the language spoken by users or other preferences necessary for the service requested to be supplied.
- iStockist also uses analytics and tracking tools to measure website and digital data to gain customer insights, to carry out analyses on browsing experience so as to improve content, and to send targeted advertisements.
- By default, cookies are not installed automatically (with the exception of those cookies needed to run the site and iStockist’s services, and you are informed of their installation by a banner). In accordance with the regulations that apply, iStockist will require your authorisation before implanting any other kind of cookie on your hard drive. To avoid being bothered by these routine requests for authorisation and to enjoy uninterrupted browsing, you can configure your computer to accept iStockist cookies or we are able to remember your refusal or acceptance of certain cookies. By default, browsers accept all cookies.
- Data Retention Periods
- iStockist collects your personal data for the requirements of carrying out its contractual obligations as well as information about how and when you use our services and we retain this data in active databases, log files or other types of files so long as you use our services.
iStockist only stores your data for the time needed to provide to you our services (unless otherwise required by law). Your personal data is stored for as long as you hold an active account with us. All event related data and customer lists are stored for a period that varies depending on the type of data concerned and your plan. By default, this event related data is stored for 3 months on all plans. iStockist reserves the right to delete any non active account, i.e. an account that has not generated online orders for a period exceeding 12 months.
- Location of Data Storage
- As a general rule and unless mutually agreed with the customer, iStockist processes and stores the data for its customers exclusively within the European Union. United States customers have the possibility to have their data processed and stored on US servers. A specific contract must be in place with the customer for this use case.
- Within the framework of its services, iStockist attributes the highest importance to the security and integrity of its customers’ personal data. In accordance with the GDPR, iStockist undertakes to take all pertinent precautions in order to preserve the security of the data and, in particular, to protect them against any accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, corruption, unauthorised circulation or access, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing or disclosure to unauthorised persons.
- To this end, iStockist implements industry standard security measures to protect personal data from unauthorised disclosure. In using industry recommended methods of encoding, iStockist takes the measures necessary to protect information connected with payments and credit cards.
- Moreover, in order to avoid in particular all unauthorised access, to guarantee accuracy and the proper use of the data, iStockist has put the appropriate electronic, physical and managerial procedures in place with a view to safeguarding and preserving the data gathered through its services.
- You should keep in mind that any user, customer or hacker who discovers and takes advantage of a breach in security renders him or herself liable to criminal prosecution and that iStockist will take all measures, including filing a complaint and/or bringing court action, to preserve the data and the rights of its users and of itself and to limit the impacts.
- Contact Us
- Visit our contact page at https://www.istockist.com/support/contact/ if you have questions or you can email iStockist’s Data Protection Officer directly at: privacy[at]istockist.com or by mail to: ProductFitter Limited (t/a iStockist), Attn: Data Protection Officer / Legal Department, 33 Castle Street, Dalkey, Dublin, Ireland.