How to manage categories
When you signup for a seller account on iStockist, it will come with one sample category, sample split and sample product. This helps you to find your way much faster.
Before adding new categories make sure you have the splits you need set up. You can edit the sample category or add a new one:
- Login to your iStockist seller account;
- Select Products in the left vertical tabs, after that select Category at the top horizontal tabs;
- At the left side menu, click the blue plus button to add a new one;
- Type in the name of your category;
- You can add an Additional cost* to this category if you prefer.
*Category can only be deleted if no products are using it.
*Additional cost will be added to the category and all subcategories. This allows you to add an extra cost per category to each order. If customer add this category to the order twice it will be applied only once.
As well as naming your categories based on the product type (dairy, spare parts etc), you could have categories such as ‘Specials’, ‘New’, ‘Seasonal promotions’ etc as a great way to promote products.
After creating a category you can make it be a subcategory of a main category, as well as sorting them to the order you desire:
- On sidemenu, select the Category name one > select the Category name you want Category name one to be subcategory of.
- Use the drag and drop feature to reorder your categories to the position you prefer.