You can turn on stock for products as a way to ensure you don’t run out of inventory.
Step 1: Turn it on via Advanced Settings
- Login Click on the Cog (Top Right)
- Click on Advanced
- Under Product, you’ll see the option Stock– switch it on
- Click on Update to save the changes.
Step 2: Add your warehouse(s)
- Click on Cog (Top Right)
- Click on Warehouses
- Click on the Blue plus button
- You’ll see an option to enter Warehouse name, Code and select the Warehouse address
Step 3: Add stock
- Click on My Customers
- Click on Products
- There’s a couple of easy ways to update the stock quantity via the user interface:
- Edit Product: If you select a product, you can scroll down to the Stock section and enter the quantity of stock. Click on update to save the changes.
- Via the Stock tab: If you click on the Stock tab, you can enter the quantity of stock for each products in a list format. The changes are saved automatically.
- Import/Export Products CSV uploader: you can import the stock in bulk using the import/export csv uploader.
- API and Integrations: you can import stock via the API (JSON, FTP/XML, FTP/CSV) or via one o four existing integrations.
Store-specific stock settings
You can decide for each store, whether to turn on stock controls, accept back-orders, and decide which warehouse to assign to which store.
- Click on Stores
- Select a store
- Click on settings
- Under Stock, select the appropriate warehouse from the dropdown
- If you’d like to display a stock quantity, but allow customers to order even if there’s no stock, you can tick the box next to Enable Backorders